Editorial & PR Intern
Semesters: Fall, Spring or Summer
Type: Unpaid (course credit)
The editorial internship will focus on the curation (which includes discovering new original sources) of Hashtag Sports Daily, Hashtag Sports Weekly and Hashtag Sports Monthly as well as the opportunity to write/edit original Hashtag Sports articles highlighting the stories of the athletes, executives, and innovators who are shaping the future of sports.
You will report directly to the Managing Editor and work alongside the Hashtag Sports Co-Founders.
- Assist with strategic development of Hashtag Sports voice and brand
- Contribute to Hashtag Sports Daily, Weekly and Monthly newsletter editorial process
- Support Hashtag Sports social media channels
- Analyze data and KPIs to assist in audience building for Innovate
- Organize and proactively manage our content calendar
- Source speakers and contributors for Hashtag Sports 2019 and Innovate
- Counsel contributing writers on editorial guidelines
- Truly passionate about sports, media, and innovation
- Interest in emerging content platforms and technology
- Regular reader of online news and editorial content
- Critical thinking skills and a desire to learn
- Strong writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Adept at brainstorming eye-poppingly catchy headlines
- Desire to position yourself as a sports industry thought leader
- Enrolled in a journalism, communications or media program (bonus)
- HTML or content management skills (bonus)
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, portfolio, writing samples, and/or any other relevant application info to email@example.com with the name of the internship as the email subject.