How does entry represent “Excellence in Engagement”?
The 2019 TCS New York City Marathon app was the most downloaded marathon app ever and several unique features sparked engagement, including:
- AR capabilities unlocked inspirational messages from 2017 TCS NYC Marathon Champion, Shalane Flanagan, when used on race bibs.
- New this year, links that initiated automatic app downloads with the runner already added set to be tracked could be shared with runners’ support communities.
- Animated, fun facts that celebrate all five boroughs would appear when fans used the app’s AR feature on mural artwork of the racecourse.
- Fans created 115,000+ personalized digital cheer signs, which were shareable on social media and broadcasted on screens along the racecourse.
Given the current state of mass-participation sports, similar engaging technologies, like the ones used in the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon app, will be critical in helping runners stay connected, engaged and healthy.
- Haley Price ‐ Tata Consultancy Services
- Kathy Gonzalez ‐ New York Road Runners
- Jeff Carnevale ‐ New York Road Runners
- Terence Orpilla ‐ New York Road Runners
- Heidi Koeppel ‐ New York Road Runners
- Michelle Taylor ‐ Tata Consultancy Services
- Gowri Prabhu ‐ Tata Consultancy Services
- Dinesh Naik ‐ Tata Consultancy Services